Published February 19th, 2013
HarperTeen
237 pages
Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her first impulse, her gut feeling, is always exactly right. Her sister, Annie, is blind to the world around her—except when her mind is gripped by strange visions of the future.
Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways…or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey.
In a stunning departure from her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy, Kiersten White delivers a slick, edgy, heartstoppingly intense psychological thriller about two sisters determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.
*Description from GoodReads
I can honestly say that I mainly picked up this book because I loved this cover! (I mean seriously look at it!) It grabbed my attention and I love when this happens when I search for books. I was disappointed however that the book turned out to be an okay and an extremely quick read.
The book goes back and forth from both Sophia (aka Fia) and Annie's history to the present day as well as each other's perspective. I enjoyed that the author went between the girls' perspectives to get their different points of view, but I was a little annoyed with the writing style. Fia has a sort of OCD to her where she doesn't like the number three. Therefore, throughout the book, she would say numerous things three times, or tap tap tap pause tap tap tap onto her leg. I did find this rather annoying and would have liked to read less of this. I also thought that some of the writing was very sporadic and at times hard to follow. An example:
I hate stun guns, I hate them so much. LET GO OF MY RIBS.
I thought that this could have been more strongly written, but I will say when the next book comes out, I will give it another chance...since she left the book with a cliff hanger that made me want to know what Fia was thinking!
I gave this book a 3/5 stars on GoodReads.

No comments:
Post a Comment